10 Reasons Why You should Drink Well
Water is good for you; it is a well known fact. However, sometimes it is not so easy to explain exactly why drinking water is so important. Even though many people know that it is a good to drink water regularly, they may not have developed the habit of doing so sufficiently.
There are lots of good reasons why drinking water on a daily basis is a good habit to adopt. And once you form the habit, you will feel and see the benefits of doing it. While drinking tea, coffee and even soda seems to be a natural habit we have no problem with, drinking water never seems to have been adopted in the same manner. Maintaining the body well hydrated is essential for good health, and drinking water is one of the best ways to achieve this.
These are just some of the reasons why drinking water is such a good habit to get into and maintain:
- Control of weight: water can be used to aid in weight loss and also to maintain weight. Drinking water can be used as a substitute for high calorie content drinks such as juice and soda. Water is calorie free, fat free and contains no sugar. Drinking water can also help to suppress the appetite, which can lead to eating less due to the feeling of fullness experienced in your stomach. In many cases, what you think is hunger is often in fact your body telling you that you are thirsty. Drinking water is a natural response to this feeling.
- Reduction of heart related disease: drinking water on a regular basis can help lower the risk of heart related health conditions. Studies have shown that an adult who has a habit of drinking at least 5 glasses of water per day has a 41% less chance of suffering death from a heart attack than adults who only drink two or fewer glasses of water per day.
- Source of energy: being dehydrated makes you feel tired, lacking in energy and can even lead to feeling dizzy, suffering weakness in your muscles and other symptoms. Drinking water when you feel thirsty is normal, but being thirsty means that you are already dehydrated and could begin to experience some of these conditions.
- Cure for headache: dehydration can also cause you to experience the discomfort of headaches. Drinking water can help avoid mild headaches, even though most people think the headache may be caused by some other factor.
- Natural skin tonic: drinking water on a regular basis helps keep your skin healthy, glowing and supple. It can even help clear up some skin allergies.
- Digestive aid: your body’s natural digestive system requires ample water to be able to function correctly and process the food you eat on a regular basis. Drinking water in sufficient quantities frequently can help ease stomach indigestion and combined with fiber can also be used to help cure constipation.
- Body cleansing: water is a natural cleanser and drinking water helps your body clean out and eliminate toxins and other waste products.
- Cancer combatant: drinking water is essential to your digestive system and ensuring that you get enough water each and every day can help reduce the risk of developing colon cancer, bladder cancer and even breast cancer.
- Natural lubricant: trying to exercise if you are dehydrated is not a good idea. Your body and especially your muscles need to be well hydrated in order to perform at their best. Drinking water while exercising is essential to enable you to perform at your best.
- It’s free: while we may often opt for drinking tea, coffee or canned drinks; water is free, natural and totally healthy. Drinking water every day keeps your body in good condition internally, your skin glowing, and you feeling full of energy. The fact that water is free should make it all the easier to start drinking water as a healthy habit.